Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Rant: Unreliable People

I hate unreliable people. Additonally, I really hate when people flake out and ever-so-casually break plans at the last minute. Do they actually believe that my time means less to me than theirs does to them? The worst, though, are the people who do it over and over. Am I so much the picture of calm and easy-going-ness that one would believe that repeated acts of rudeness would not totally piss me off? Apparently so.

Well, here's a heads-up, unreliable people of the world... You suck and you deserve to have it done back to you but I, regretfully, do not have it in me to be that much of a self-absorbed asswipe.

If there is any justice at all in the universe, you will eventually encounter and befriend someone just like you and when you get pissed off at them for being rude & unreliable, please don't call me to bitch about it because I won't be able to hear you. I will be too busy laughing my ass off.

3 Comments:

  • I am a totally reliable person. Overly reliable. And I constantly am doing things for others. Now, I am most pissed off by people who are unreliable, or those people who are always "too busy" to help someone else when I am running circles around their "too busy."

    I know exactly what you mean.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12/08/2005 02:54:00 PM  

  • Thank you for your comment. This makes me feel much better. Perhaps I am not so unreasonable after all...

    ~Wizzy

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 12/08/2005 10:38:00 PM  

  • You are not unreasonable at all. Being reliable is about trust. If someone says something and doesn't follow through and does this consistently, how can you believe anything they say? That is why I make it a point to teach my children that if they say something they do it - they don't get to back out at the last minute because they "just don't feel like it."

    A few days ago I deliberately ended a relationship where the other person was consistently unreliable and they left me a horrible voice message and so I got onto the internet to see if I was being unreasonable to feel so upset and hurt by repeated broken promises and after I found your site I feel a little better.

    Life is short and I don't have to waste my precious time and energy on people who use me when it suits them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/02/2006 03:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home