Do People Still Say "Hump Day"?
Happy hump day!
Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts on the pre-K 5 flasher. Also, a lot of new names down there, which you should know, I just luuuuurve. I'll be checking ya'll out later.
Right now, however, I am feeling a spark of inspiration crossed with nostalgia. No, not the kind of inspiration that might produce a high quality Club-Mom-Will-Pay-You-Money-to-Blog caliber of post. No sireee. That kind of thing cannot be forced. Today, instead of regaling you with deep thoughts, biting commentaries, or the type of LOL! posts we all love, I'm posting old pictures (because who doesn't love looking at old photos of people they don't even know?) and perhaps my shopping list.
Oh good. You're still here. Thought that shopping list business might send you scampering off to a more enticing destination, like sayyyyy...the C-Span website.
Well...to your left is a picture of me, Miss Phi Delta Badass (I stole that from Dawn) at the Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta in 1993. I think the show was Helmet, 311 and some other up-and-coming bands. We were in town for the Great Atlanta Pot Festival, except it had been rescheduled so we just did other stuff, like this. "We" means me and four of my girlfriends. We all piled into my VW Golf and drove to Georgia from Florida. Who knew a Golf could hold that much estrogen? I think later that night we went out clubbing and ended up at a loft party all night. Another night we went out and ended up at Backstreets , a longstanding gay nightclub, until sunrise because it stayed open until 6am. Ah...those were the days. I seriously think 1993, the year before I got married, was one of the "funnest" ever. Later that year, hubz and I hooked up. We got married about 10 months later and the rest is history. You may or not be able to tell that my hair is striped and kind of reddish. All I can say is never, EVER, trust your friend when she says you should let HER do your highlights instead of going to a reputable salon because she's a licensed beautician. The tip off should have been that she was working as a nanny. Turns out she got fired from Supercuts. Later, I would end up coloring it red and continue to do so for about a year, until I got sick of getting my dark roots done every 6 weeks. I could never be a bottle blonde. That touch-up business really blows... So check me out in my vegan-friendly, super-duper ugly non-leather purple Birkenstocks. I would later leave those behind on either the Butthole Surfers or Stone Temple Pilots tour bus. No....I wasn't shagging rock stars. You've read "I'm With the Band" one time too many :-P Another story, another time. (I don't smoke anymore, by the way, and I wasn't really a badass. I just look like one in these pix)
So yes, my shopping list. I need:
• Nursing pads, preferably the Johnson & Johnson ones because I swear, they add about a bra-size. (they're also "boob-shaped" because breasts should never have right angles on them) The J&J nursing pads...oh, how I will miss them when we finally wean and my boobs deflate.
• Something chocolate. The cravings, I must stop them.
• Organic milk, which is a total crap shoot around here lately, unless you need lactose-free, which is always in stock and very gross, IMO.
• A new Pur filter because our water is SO chlorinated, I might as well be drinking from my assbite neighbor's pool.
• A new toaster oven because ours, a mere three years old, has shit the bed. Have you tried to find an under-the-counter toaster oven recently? I think I'd have better luck locating a Dodo bird. Is there a black market for under-the-counter appliances? Email me.
And, as a public service to all of you, here are some products I have recently tried and found utterly disgusting (Please note that the Lipton pasta is the WHOLE GRAIN version. The regular kind is okay.) Consider yourself warned :-)
Oh, how things have changed... Now tell me, what were you doing in 1993?
ADDENDUM: You guys! Your compliments are SO sweet but in all fairness, you should know that I'm just a very tired and very unhot mom these days ;-)