Have a Cigar
I have a new baby! Please meet Nikon D50. We're calling him "D" for short. Is he not fabulous? You should see his pictures. He's very talented :-)
From the Mouths of Babes
On Saturday my daughter and I went shopping in stores that don't have meat departments It was a big day.
• While we were shopping, "You're so Vain" by Carly Simon was playing (which I LOVE) and she says incredulously "Clowns in her coffee??? Who ever heard of putting clowns in coffee? That's mean" (If you're not familiar...the chorus says "I had a dream there were clouds in my coffee)
• Later, we were in Target and I was looking for some jeans for hubz. As we came across a huge wall of Wrangler jeans I said, "Hmmm. I don't know. I'm pretty sure Daddy won't wear Wranglers" And she replies "Danglers? Daddy doesn't like danglers?" lololol No. I'm pretty sure he doesn't. (Sounds dirty, doesn't it?)
• The other day she comes up to me and says, "Do I have any clothes from the jamboree?" Can you see the giant question mark floating over my head? "Huh? What jamboree?" And she says, "Courtney wore a dress from the jamboree today." lol...she meant Gymboree, the kids store. But I thought "jamboree" was way cuter and I made her say it like a hundred times.
• My abs are sore as hell. I very foolishly did some crunches. TWO days ago. The crunches, they are evil.
•Well, Peebs has finally contracted the grossest virus so far; "Hand, foot and mouth disease" (aka Coxsackie virus) This is a very common childhood illness. Chances are your kids will get it, too, if they haven't already had it. Anyway, he's more grumpy than ill but he's got these gnarly, liquid-filled blisters all over him, even on his upper lip. He's having a tough time nursing and eating. He won't let me look but I'd bet he has them inside his mouth, too. The poor little guy...
In more pleasant news, Peebs is crawling now which is great for him, as he's considerably less fussy now that he's mobile. Bad for me because, well...he's mobile now. And into everything.
• The househunt is off. We concluded that buying a new house in our price range will involve paying property taxes in the ballpark of $500 per month. We just can't affford that and furthermore, it's fucking ridiculous. So now, trees be damned, we're considering an addition. The upshot is that when they finally finish the friggin' Wild Oats store they've been working on for a year, it will be down the street. Our regular grocery store has been out of organic milk the last 4 times I went shopping, which really, REALLY chafes my ass. I want that damn store open NOW!
For the first time, I actually really felt empathetic towards Addison. And she did look unusually pretty last night. I think it was the soft pink lipstick.
Dear God, thank you making them do something about George's hair. Even like that it's better than before. Please let him have happy sex with the hot lady doctor. Amen.
Sitemeter Fun...This Just In!
|Search Words||my girl friend is fascinated with other womens breast|
That's nice. And you're here because...?
•And finally, a shot of one of the Izzywig Foxy Mama shirts for charity (Depression After Delivery). Thanks to all who are buying Izzywig Gear. It's for a good cause!
Can you guess who my supermodel is? (it's not me)
Guess correctly and win Izzywig charity gear!