Friday, March 03, 2006

Worst Mommy Ever?

Did you get the memo? I am the meanest mommy. Everrrrrrrrrrr. Well, according to my five year old daughter, anyway. She's having a tantrum and that is her new mantra these days.

I aksed her to sit with her baby brother for a second while I went pee. I was literally 5 feet away and I was gone about 15 seconds. In that time, he started crying. I went in there and asked why he was crying and she confessed that she pulled his hair. How hard, I ask? Really hard, she says. Why, I ask? She doesn't know.

So I tell her we're not going out for pizza (Hubz is at a gig tonight. I have a cold. I asked what she wanted and that was her choice. ) because I will not reward being mean to a helpless baby and she goes into hysterics. I also took her to a playdate at the park today with her new best bud (no school) but apparently that doesn't matter. I am still the Worst. Mommy. Everrrrrrrr.

Hold on. What's that? Oh...apparently she thinks "nothing is ever fair for me" If it wasn't so utterly ridiculous, I'd be laughing my ass off.

Oh wait...daughter just came out and told me, verbatim "If I don't get to go for pizza, I'm going to explode and cry for the rest of my life" Emotional blackmail suckage.

Well, on a lighter note, we had a great day at the park. The weather was fantastic and I had good company in the way of a newish mommy friend that is super sweet. Plus she said she'd go to the movies with me. That's huge! None of my mom friends ever do anything or go anywhere. So yay for that! Also, Hubz says he's taking the money from this gig tonight and buying us a Nikon D50 because I hate our old Fuji so much. Is he sweet or what?

And if you haven't yet voted for Crazy/Hip Blog Mama's Member of the Week, pop over there and throw me a bone. C'mon...be your best friend! If you lived here, I'd even go to the movies with you :-)

Now I have to go cook dinner... (the down side to sticking to one's guns)

***I have a new renter, Life as Lou, located in the sidebar. She's a mom of two and a military wife. Lou's writing is funny and full of descriptive, clever observations. You simply must drop by and read her latest post about attending a Passion Party!***

9 Comments:

  • I remember being the worst mommy ever. I think my daughter still thinks that sometimes, but doesn't tell me, because I may JUST turn into the WORST MOMMY EVER if it is put out there in the world :)

    And cool about the camera. What Fuji did you have? Let me know how this one is, I am looking for a new one too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2006 07:53:00 PM  

  • actually you sound like a pretty good mommy to me. anyway it's all just preparation for when they're 16 and really hate us.

    By Blogger Mom101, at 3/03/2006 08:14:00 PM  

  • O. My. God. You are going to let your daughter cry for the rest of her life? What is the number for child protective services in your area?

    I bet I could rival you, because every day, I am the WORST TEACHER EVER because I expect my students to: come to class on time, have a pencil and do homework. I am such a bitch.

    By Blogger MrsFortune, at 3/03/2006 08:50:00 PM  

  • I haven't been down the Worst Daddy Ever road yet. But I figure it's just a matter of time.

    By Blogger Chris, at 3/03/2006 09:06:00 PM  

  • oh, and I also heard that noone loves her and that her life is very unfair.

    By Blogger Dawn, at 3/03/2006 09:15:00 PM  

  • awww Mommy that go on playdates aren't mean!!! Poor mommy and poor daughter!!
    chelle
    ps voting for ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/03/2006 10:11:00 PM  

  • Oh, I've been the worst mommy ever. Good for you for sticking to your guns on the no eating out, although it sucks that you had to cook with a cold and your husband not home.

    And yay for Mom friends who go to the movies with you! Especially real, non-animated grownup movies.

    By Blogger Table4Five, at 3/03/2006 11:01:00 PM  

  • I can't believe the Authorities haven't dragged you away for child abuse yet. Surely someone will notice that your child is crying forever and do something about it.

    By Blogger SUEB0B, at 3/04/2006 10:39:00 AM  

  • Rhonda & Dawn: Oh, so you've been there? At least I'm in company...lol

    And Rhonda, my old camera is a Fuji Finepix 2600Z, 2 megapixel slow-ass piece of crap...lol

    mom101: Thanks :-) and FYI I fear the teenage years SO much...lol

    Mrs Fortune AKA World's Meanest Teacher: lololol...I confess. Take me away!

    Chag: I think it's inevitable. Brace yourself :-)

    Chelle: Aww..Thanks for your kind words AND your vote.

    Elizabeth: Yes, the cooking did suck because I had nothing thawed. Mac n Cheese with frozen veggies. Mom of the Year, aren't I? it was organic, at least...lol

    Sue: lololol...I hope someone does notice. Maybe they can persuade her to stop because I never have much luck ;-)

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 3/04/2006 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home