Monday, March 13, 2006

Life-Flavored Nuggets


Have a Cigar
I have a new baby! Please meet Nikon D50. We're calling him "D" for short. Is he not fabulous? You should see his pictures. He's very talented :-)



From the Mouths of Babes

On Saturday my daughter and I went shopping in stores that don't have meat departments It was a big day.

• While we were shopping, "You're so Vain" by Carly Simon was playing (which I LOVE) and she says incredulously "Clowns in her coffee??? Who ever heard of putting clowns in coffee? That's mean" (If you're not familiar...the chorus says "I had a dream there were clouds in my coffee)

• Later, we were in Target and I was looking for some jeans for hubz. As we came across a huge wall of Wrangler jeans I said, "Hmmm. I don't know. I'm pretty sure Daddy won't wear Wranglers" And she replies "Danglers? Daddy doesn't like danglers?" lololol No. I'm pretty sure he doesn't. (Sounds dirty, doesn't it?)

• The other day she comes up to me and says, "Do I have any clothes from the jamboree?" Can you see the giant question mark floating over my head? "Huh? What jamboree?" And she says, "Courtney wore a dress from the jamboree today." lol...she meant Gymboree, the kids store. But I thought "jamboree" was way cuter and I made her say it like a hundred times.

General News
• My abs are sore as hell. I very foolishly did some crunches. TWO days ago. The crunches, they are evil.

•Well, Peebs has finally contracted the grossest virus so far; "Hand, foot and mouth disease" (aka Coxsackie virus) This is a very common childhood illness. Chances are your kids will get it, too, if they haven't already had it. Anyway, he's more grumpy than ill but he's got these gnarly, liquid-filled blisters all over him, even on his upper lip. He's having a tough time nursing and eating. He won't let me look but I'd bet he has them inside his mouth, too. The poor little guy...

In more pleasant news, Peebs is crawling now which is great for him, as he's considerably less fussy now that he's mobile. Bad for me because, well...he's mobile now. And into everything.

• The househunt is off. We concluded that buying a new house in our price range will involve paying property taxes in the ballpark of $500 per month. We just can't affford that and furthermore, it's fucking ridiculous. So now, trees be damned, we're considering an addition. The upshot is that when they finally finish the friggin' Wild Oats store they've been working on for a year, it will be down the street. Our regular grocery store has been out of organic milk the last 4 times I went shopping, which really, REALLY chafes my ass. I want that damn store open NOW!

Grey's Anatomy
For the first time, I actually really felt empathetic towards Addison. And she did look unusually pretty last night. I think it was the soft pink lipstick.

Dear God, thank you making them do something about George's hair. Even like that it's better than before. Please let him have happy sex with the hot lady doctor. Amen.


Sitemeter Fun...This Just In!

Referring URL
http://search.msn.co...t&first=11&FORM=PORE
Search Engine
search.msn.com
Search Words
my girl friend is fascinated with other womens breast

That's nice. And you're here because...?


•And finally, a shot of one of the Izzywig Foxy Mama shirts for charity (Depression After Delivery). Thanks to all who are buying Izzywig Gear. It's for a good cause!

Can you guess who my supermodel is? (it's not me)
Guess correctly and win Izzywig charity gear!
.

22 Comments:

  • HEY great camera. Where are the pics!

    Is Wild Oats like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2006 11:10:00 AM  

  • Rhonda: We just got it yesterday so I haven't done anything but play around and read the manual. Hubz was snapping hideous, high-quality photos of me all night (that shall never be published if there really is a God). But just you wait!!

    Yep, Wild Oats is just like TJ and WF.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 3/13/2006 11:13:00 AM  

  • Let us know which ones you post on flickr with the new camera. Yes, George's hair has been a mess, but I think they did that on purpose to make him appear so pitiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2006 01:33:00 PM  

  • Oh, you are way too funny! I feel the same way about my camera, too. We LIVED with the camera when Hubby was deployed. Now I live with it because it doesn't talk back. ;)

    By Blogger Chaotic Mom, at 3/13/2006 03:33:00 PM  

  • I am lusting big time over a new Nikon.

    Did you compare brands, or only look at Nikon?

    (And who doesn't like danglers?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2006 04:08:00 PM  

  • Ed: As soon as I take a really great photo I'll add it. Yours are fantastic. What do you use?

    Momma M: lololol...if my camera starts talking back, I'm returning it!

    Sweatpantsmom: For starters, I LOVE your name. Wish I'd thought of it first ;-)

    As for the Nikon, I compared on the web and and grilled camera store employees and Canon and Nikon owners ad nauseum. After everything, I decided on the D50 because it ranked really high in every way for the money. The camera shop also has $300 classes that you get for free when you buy one so I'm psyched for that, too.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 3/13/2006 04:25:00 PM  

  • Oh, I'm so jealous of the camera. I've been wanting one like that for awhile, but there's no way we can afford it at the moment.

    We have several organic food stores in Columbus, but sadly none of them are on my end of town. I hate it when the local grocery runs out of organic milk as well!

    By Blogger Christina, at 3/13/2006 05:33:00 PM  

  • Love your new pic!!!

    Um, I'm gonna guess the supermodel is Heidi Klum? Am I right?

    We have a wild oats near us. Love their pre-made foods. :)

    By Blogger MrsFortune, at 3/13/2006 06:08:00 PM  

  • Ha, I thought you wrote "two crunches" and I was going to say ME TOO! Feh.

    By Blogger Mom101, at 3/13/2006 06:58:00 PM  

  • I love that that search brought someone to your site. SO much.

    I wish I watched Grey's Anatomy. I feel like I'm the only person in the world not doing so!

    By Blogger DeAnn, at 3/13/2006 06:58:00 PM  

  • Darnit I missed Grey's Anatomy! Oh and by the way, I am so jealous of your new camera!!!

    By Blogger Stacy, at 3/13/2006 07:12:00 PM  

  • Love the camera! He is so handsome! I am jealous that Wild Oats is coming near you. I shouldn't complain too much because we have a Whole Foods, a Trader Joe's and various small local organic markets. But Wild Oats is COOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2006 07:16:00 PM  

  • Is that Kristen? I think I recognize her arms.

    And try finding organic milk in Detroit. And organic cage free egss. Not.Gonna.Happen. Honey.

    Then my inlaws laugh at me.

    By Blogger Dawn, at 3/13/2006 08:46:00 PM  

  • Don't tell my husband about this. He's jonesing for a new camera, which WE DON'T NEED.

    Very cool about the Wild Oats coming up down the street...we have stores that sell products made with oats, but that's it. :)

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 3/13/2006 08:46:00 PM  

  • Coxsackie Virus? What the heck? Why haven't I heard of this?

    So much information, so much to think about. I like posts like this one. :)

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 3/13/2006 09:02:00 PM  

  • I've never heard of Coxsackie Virus. But your poor, poor baby. Blisters on his mouth? I really hope he gets better soon.

    That camera is un-freakin-believable. You are a lucky, lucky lady!

    By Blogger Table4Five, at 3/13/2006 09:07:00 PM  

  • Cute new photo, too!

    Hey, Izzy, check out my new contest: win a BlogHer entry fee:

    http://redstapler23.blogspot.com/2006/03/big-de-lurking-blogher-contest.html

    By Blogger SUEB0B, at 3/13/2006 09:32:00 PM  

  • I love the quotes from your daughter. So perceptive.

    HFM - yuck. I hope he feels better soon.

    Property taxes - yuck too. Used to pay that much for a 2BR condo. Sad, huh?

    By Blogger Julie Marsh, at 3/14/2006 09:45:00 AM  

  • Screw the property taxes... the camera was a better choice! I love ours - and don't get me started on the flash you can buy to go with it. After I sold my kidney to afford it, I realized it was the best purchase we had made in years!

    Now if we could get a Whole Foods (Wild Oats) to open near us my life would be complete.

    By Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby, at 3/14/2006 10:33:00 AM  

  • LOL! When I watched Greys I thought of you!!!
    Great camera!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2006 02:12:00 PM  

  • ooh, I am lusting after the camera.

    Haven't heard of Wild Oats, but I love Trader Joe's and Whole Foods -- I'll have to check out Wild Oats too and see if there's any near me.

    Kids say the darndest things. Hey, wasn't that a TV show? And didn't I just use a dangling participle? hahahahahahaha, i am insane!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2006 02:23:00 PM  

  • Dang, I was going to say Kristen too, but Dawn beat me to it. Darn the overacheiving bloggers who stay up to date on blogs!!

    By Blogger the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj, at 3/15/2006 03:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home