Friday, February 24, 2006

Grey's Anatomy Alert (UPDATED)

I was just flipping channels looking for the weather and happened to notice that Oprah is on, which is weird because she usually comes on at 4pm here. Maybe they changed it because of the Olympics. But anyway, she just showed the highlights for tomorrow.

First is her pal Gayle King searching for the best burger in the country. Ohhhh...someone pinch me! I love me some Gayle King. Now don't forget to set your TiVo!!!!

(Okay, I was being really sarcastic and I apologize. Some of you might actually want to see the gripping great burger hunt with Gayle King)

The thing I am excited about, however, is a segment about the secrets of Grey's Anatomy. "Meredith" gave a sound bite saying something about what it's like to kiss Patrick Dempsey and you KNOW you wanna see it and you KNOW you WILL be settin' the TiVo for it. Mmmmhmmm. I know.

UPDATE: On Wednesday night, Barbara Walters is interviewing Patrick Dempsey. She's also interviewing Matthew McConnaghey, George Clooney and the always-good-for-a-laugh Mariah Carey. I predict 10-11 pm eastern will be very quiet in blogland.

Too Freakin Cute Alert!!!!
My daughter wanted to play doctor's office so she had me get on a scale (a step stool) to weigh me and she goes "You're just the right size for a mommy" I thought my heart might explode. Granted...this is the child that told me my "tummy was still fat" a couple months ago, but still...it was very sweet.

Other News
I also wanted to point out a very important post by Dawn about postpartum depression and her own experience with PPD. As someone who also suffered from it rather severely after the birth of my first child, I think it's important to bring this topic to light as much as possible. Please check it out, if you are so inclined.

And finally, Kristen, myself and a few other moms have a new project called "Cool Mom Shit!" and it's a blog featuring cool things for moms. No, no actual shit is involved :-) Anyway, please drop by and take a look, 'cause it's cool!

7 Comments:

  • Thanks for plugging us - and like you said, Dawn's post is really great. I think I had a tidbit of that myself - and now.

    Is that toooo post pardum for it to be related? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2006 04:48:00 PM  

  • Ugg, I had the worst post partum. Well, not the worst, I guess. I didn't turn psychotic. I wrote a chapter about it in my book so check it out. How's that for whoring?

    Also, I just live for Grey's Anatomy. But man, that Gale King has probably got to be the most interesting person in the world! I mean, tell us, what's it like being friends with Oprah?????? I'm on tender hooks!

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 2/24/2006 05:58:00 PM  

  • I think I maybe hate Gayle King because the only reason she is anything is because she's Oprah's BFF. Lame.

    Also, she was on some women positive cruise thing on Good Morning America, and she was just terrible. She can't ad lib or even read off cue cards.

    And now she gets paid to go eat really good hamburgers! Where is the justice?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2006 05:58:00 PM  

  • I agree with Mrs. Harridan about Gayle - she's Oprah's best friend, the luckiest best friend on the face of the earth, and that's all. And I'm jealous, sure. I mean, I just live 25 miles south of Oprah's $50 mil California house...I could stop by her place. I would be willing to be her So Cal gal pal if she needs one, and if she wants to send me out on eating assignments and pay me, I'd consider that, too.

    As far as the cute kid moments go, that's pretty cute. And you know I'm a tough audience.

    By Blogger SUEB0B, at 2/24/2006 10:10:00 PM  

  • Ooo I love Grey's Anatomy!! Thanks for the tip!

    Aww how sweet the comment your daughter made!!

    chelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2006 10:19:00 PM  

  • "Cool Mom Shit" is a great site! I like the t-shirts.

    And awww, how sweet is your daughter?!

    By Blogger Table4Five, at 2/24/2006 11:05:00 PM  

  • Sometimes I think I still suffer from PPD. As for Grey's Anatomy, come check out my Ode to Patrick Dempsey. Isn't he delicious?!?!

    By Blogger Stacy, at 2/27/2006 03:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home