Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Good Stuff This Week

Sometimes I like to post of things I've read elsewhere that I think are worth sharing. Some people look at this as filler, like I didn't want to take the time to make a "real" post and there is some truth to that right now. I've actually been busy working on "work" stuff and also on getting my blog moved to my own domain and off of Blogger. In case you are interested, I decided to go with Movable Type because apples to apples it pleases me more than anything else I've looked at and I've seen just about everything out there. I'll broadcast my new address as soon as I have it all sorted out.

The Goods:

• I read a great post about mean girls and one blogger's experiences at Goosie, Mousie, Daddy & Me.

• Jess Riley posted some funny stuff about when she was a kid that made me laugh out loud

• Mel from Mama! Mama! did a Thursday 13 that also had me rolling.

• Kristen posted a a beautiful pregnancy photo and her birth story, Part 1 and Part 2. If this doesn't make you choke up a little, then I just don't know...

• "Blog to Riches — The Haves and Have-Nots of the Blogging Boom" is a feature in this month's New York Magazine. I found it most interesting.

• I discovered California Dad blogger Tony's site, Creative Types, by accident. I have to like any fellow blogger parent who feels as contemptuous about Bratz dolls as I do.

• And finally a place with lots of cool clothes and accessories for girls like me who love computers and the internet and other tech-ish things. I dig the "http" underwear.

***Check out my new renter "Kitchen Fun with Donna & Friends" Her site is comprised of zillions of recipes put together by a group and I swear, every single one I looked at sounded delicious. Please drop by and high five Donna & Friends!***

11 Comments:

  • I love posts like this - no cop out here. Especially when I'm mentioned.

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2006 11:26:00 PM  

  • Thanks for all of the fun links. I will have a good time visiting those!!

    By Blogger DeAnn, at 2/22/2006 12:54:00 AM  

  • Kristen: I didn't think you'd object ;-)

    Deann: It's my pleasure. Enjoy!

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/22/2006 01:15:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the mention, Izzy...but if I remember correctly...my Thursday 13 list blew. :)

    I also despise the Bratz dolls. One will never set it's misshapen plastic foot in my house.

    By Blogger Mel, at 2/22/2006 12:14:00 PM  

  • Izzy, thanks for the love. And these sound like some great links, so I will definitely check them out.

    By Blogger Julie Marsh, at 2/22/2006 01:15:00 PM  

  • Mother Goosemouse: With all the hoo-ha about "sharing the love" and stupid awards, I'm feeling a bit unappreciated and unloved myself. Thanks for ackowledging my efforts. I'm going to go sulk at Target now.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/22/2006 01:20:00 PM  

  • Wow! Thanks Izzy- I feel so honored! And to think those hoochie "Bratz" dolls had some kind of purpose...for people like us to rip them apart.

    By Blogger Creative-Type Dad, at 2/22/2006 05:41:00 PM  

  • Like ohmigawd - you are totally nominated for CHBM of the week.

    Suh-weet sistah.

    PS I hate those damn bratz things too - My MIL bought her the damn dvd - can you believe that. She likes the commercial - no need to infiltrate her mind with total wrongness even more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2006 06:45:00 PM  

  • I'm totally with you on the Bratz dolls - they are the skankiest things! And I loved CreativeTypes post about them too....came across your comment there. Will have to check out some of your other recommendations.

    By Blogger Amy, at 2/22/2006 08:59:00 PM  

  • Ralicon: It seems we are not alone in our hatred, my friend. I guess the larger question is who DOES like the hideous things?

    Kristen: OMG OMG! Pinch me!!!!! But seriously, who do I have to thank for this much needed ego boost?

    The Lovely Mrs Davis: I took a quick peek at your blog. Super funny stuff that's right up my alley. I'll swing back by and read more.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/22/2006 09:45:00 PM  

  • Glad you are going to move away from blogger, because blogger doesn't offer you the opportunity to allow readers to read your blog via RSS. Love the recommendations.

    Yes I agree those dolls are awful...keep up the great work and I will come back and visit often.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home