Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My 80's Alter Ego

I was tagged for this by Mrs. Fortune and Kristen. So here we go! My 80's Alter Ego is *drum roll* none other than...


Molly Ringwald (Samantha) in "Sixteen Candles". She was a little bit of a dork but a very cool dork, she listened to great music and she was a fairly snappy dresser (considering it was the 80's). Plus...NO BIG HAIR! I never had big, crunchy hair EVER but I do confess to having a bi-level *cringing*

Also in keeping with the 80's theme, I was inspired by Rhonda and have decided I must buy a Smiths t-shirt just like the one I used to have. Right now.

Also...if you haven't yet been tagged yet for My 80's Alter Ego and you're not a total meme hater, then consider yourself tagged. Come back and post here that yours is up so I can come read it.

10 Comments:

  • Awww... so cute! Your alter-ego is such a rebel. PLUS, she hooked up with Jake Ryan so what more can ya want really. :)

    By Blogger MrsFortune, at 2/21/2006 04:29:00 PM  

  • Very sassy. Me likey. And it's about time (just kiddin') :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2006 04:30:00 PM  

  • You rock girl! Are you my long lost best friend from high school? LOVE Molly Ringwald (even dyed my hair red for her in HS) AND a Smiths fan. WOAH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2006 04:45:00 PM  

  • Rhonda: MR and the Smiths are two of the best things about the 80's! Here's to good taste, sista!

    Mrs Fortune: Thanks :-) Ahhh yeahhhh, Jake Ryan was one of the few preppy jock boys that I ever thought was cute. Whatever happened to old Jake? He totally disappeared after "Sixteen Candles".

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/21/2006 08:38:00 PM  

  • Okay, I did it. You all win. You control me.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/22/2006 12:37:00 PM  

  • Where did you find a Smiths t-shirt?

    By Blogger Julie Marsh, at 2/22/2006 01:19:00 PM  

  • Oh my god, I am totally doing this.

    By Blogger Mrs. Harridan, at 2/22/2006 06:04:00 PM  

  • Mother Goosemouse: I got it at this place called Shirt Hunt:

    http://www.shirthunt.com/coll_smiths_t-shirt_3140.html

    Mrs. Harridan: Hey! I love your red hair :-)

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/22/2006 09:49:00 PM  

  • Um, Molly Ringwald is my hero. I still want to be her, but as Andie in "Pretty in Pink." How did those stuffy preppy assholes not know that she was the frickin' coolest? She made her own clothes for the love of Pete and she hung out at clubs. On a school night!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2006 10:23:00 AM  

  • Nixie: I know, right? How could they not? And clubbing on a school night...that was the coolest!

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/23/2006 11:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home