Sunday, February 26, 2006

Izzywig

I would like to take a moment to introduce Izzywig, my Cafe Press shop. I've got some cool items there to benefit a charity called Depression After Delivery. Wait! Don't stop reading yet. Please? Thanks :-)

Some time ago, I had set up a Cafe Press shop for an animal rescue charity that I work with locally. I became intrigued and I decided to open a shop of my own. I made a couple designs and then I got pregnant again and never did anything with them until now…

I cannot take full credit for the idea, really. I have two people to thank for inspiring me. The first is Kristen from Motherhood Uncensored who has some awesome Motherduds shirts for sale to benefit the American Cancer Society.

The second person is Dawn from I’m Doing the Best I Can because she recently wrote a post that reminded me of my own experience with postpartum depression.

When I really stopped and thought about my bout with PPD, a memory I have tried to forget for a long time, I realized that this is an issue that needs more attention. In five years, and especially as the president of a Moms Club, I have met dozens of women who experienced moderate to severe PPD beyond “the baby blues” and most of them suffered in silence for a long time before their symptoms were recognized by a friend, family member or health professional. How, in this day and age, is that possible? We know in mere minutes that dumbass Britney Spears chose not to use a carseat but we can’t get people to recognize and acknowledge PPD when they see it? It's not just an illness for crazy women who drown their children.

And when someone does try to shed light on PPD, like Brooke Shields, stupid asswipe Tom Cruise comes along and minimizes it. That's bullshit and it has to change and that’s where these shirts and other items come in.

To that end, I’ve come up with a few designs (on a variety of items) that celebrate moms, dads, women and all of us bloggers here in cyberspace. I’ve only marked them up $1 and that profit will go directly to Depression After Delivery.

There’s absolutely no pressure to buy anything but if you decide to make a purchase, please know you are supporting a worthy cause and helping women and babies for generations to come.

Check out the booty here!

ALSO: Scroll down to see my UPDATE on "It's a Growth Experience, Dammit!"

10 Comments:

  • Iz --

    They are so cute - and I'm ordering one later. Are you going to make buttons?

    Anyway, I'll pimp them in my contest post today...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 08:07:00 AM  

  • Cute stuff!!! And for a good cause to boot.

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 2/27/2006 11:13:00 AM  

  • Very cute shirts! Love 'em!

    And a big hello to my Blog Exchange partner! I'm looking forward to trading blogs for a day on Wednesday!

    By Blogger Christina, at 2/27/2006 01:55:00 PM  

  • Very cute!
    chelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 04:15:00 PM  

  • You should definitely make buttons! And I am going to buy a mug, because, well, next to my family, and my job, and blogging, coffee is my life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 05:16:00 PM  

  • YEAH! Aren't you sweet for giving me a shout out. I might just make a design and send it to you.. Thinking, Thinking.....

    By Blogger Dawn, at 2/27/2006 07:22:00 PM  

  • Kristen: Thanks for buying a shirt and for the inspiration!

    Jess: thanks. I think it's a great cause, too!

    Christina: Thanks and hi! Nice to meet you. Looking forward to the exchange with you.

    Chelle: Thank you, GF! (and don't forget to TELL me next tme you're up for something :-)

    Nixie: lololol...coffee is the cornerstone of my waking existence! And thanks in advance if you buy a mug! I appreciate it :-)

    Dawn: No problem. You're my muse, after all!

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/27/2006 08:31:00 PM  

  • I can't agree that Tom Cruise is an asswipe just now because there are still 3 hours and 16 minutes left in Say Something Nice Day. But I will tell you that I am happy you found my blog, and I am happy to find your blog. I'm going to look at your t-shirts right now.

    Also, Tom Cruise is an asswipe. (See, I violated my own rule just for you - that's how nice I am!)

    By Blogger Mom101, at 2/27/2006 08:44:00 PM  

  • Those mugs ROCK!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 09:24:00 PM  

  • LOVE the Mommyblogger stuff. Might have to get me a t-shirt or a mug.

    Thanks for visiting my blog this evening. I'm definitely planning to check out your guest post tomorrow (and I'm sure I'll be back again and again after that -- like you I have a bookmarked list of blogs a mile long!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2006 09:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home