Thursday, March 16, 2006

Palace O' Bodily Fluids: Episode 3

Downside:
We're going on day four of one illness (the baby) and day two of another (the 5 yr old). Let me spare you the whining and extensive gross details by just stating that I've stepped in little vomit spots THAT NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT twice already today. Nice, eh?

Upside:
I didn't have to make/pack a snack & lunch for TQ or get up and drive her to school today OR yesterday. Those of you who do those things every day know this is a pretty decent upside.

I plan on keeping it brief but I wanted to tell those of you in Mississippi*, in case you missed the news due to sick kids, diaper blowouts, dinner-cooking or what have you, that while your Passion Party hostesses are now criminals and consenting adults are NOT allowed to buy sexual aids, YOUR GUN SELLERS ARE STILL SAFE, BY GOD!

Praise the Lord!

*Georgia, Indiana, Texas, Louisiana and Virginia..the same goes for you.

And finally, the best news for last. I heard this from Melissa at Suburban Bliss but on the off chance that you're not one of her ten zillion readers....Club Mom wants mom bloggers. Don't let this opportunity pass. YOU could be getting paid for those thoughts you usually give away for free. Check it!

***PS: Don't forget about the contest at Red Stapler The winner will have their entrance fee to this years Blogher conference paid for so go check it out! ***

15 Comments:

  • Not having to take the kids to school, a beautiful thing :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 03:18:00 PM  

  • Ugh, I hate the excessive body fluids. Hope everyone's feeling better soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 03:31:00 PM  

  • Ha. Well, thank god I went out and got the rabbit YESTERDAY - and do they take double coupons at the gun joint?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 03:48:00 PM  

  • So what's it called when you have a gun selling event at your home, like a pasion party? A "show-down hoe-down"? A "barrel" o' fun? Red states scare me, sorry you have to live in one! If it ever gets too bad, there's plenty of room in my garage.

    By Blogger MrsFortune, at 3/16/2006 03:53:00 PM  

  • Sorry the kids are sick. That blows. Literally, I guess.
    I HATE making lunches and driving my son to school. Hate. It.

    Guns=good but Sex toys= Bad? Riiight. Okay then. Lame.

    Hope everyone feels better soon.

    By Blogger Mel, at 3/16/2006 04:07:00 PM  

  • Rhonda: I knew I wasn't alone! It's the strangest kind of drudgery, isn't it?

    Nancy: Thanks! Me,too :-)

    Kristen: lol...you know, they probably do take double coupons in Mississippi gun joints. Funny!

    Mrs. Fortune: You crack me up! You should get together with Stef from Baby on Bored and write a script or something. Seriously. You guys are way funny. And yes, Red states suck. If another Repub gets elected, I'm moving in.

    Mel: Thanks! Good to know I'm not alone on that. I was starting to feel like a spoiled brat...lol And yeah, the sex bad/guns good thing is SO retarded.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 3/16/2006 04:24:00 PM  

  • Hope everyone is feeling better soon! And also, thank GOD the gun sellers are safe. And those damn sex toys are kept out of our homes!

    By Blogger DeAnn, at 3/16/2006 04:54:00 PM  

  • Deann: I know, right? I'm so happy to know that politicians are protecting people from rampaging vibrators. One of those could KILL someone, for God's sake!!!

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 3/16/2006 05:01:00 PM  

  • Dude, the flu so totally sucks. There is nothing worse than hearing, "My tummy hurts" from a three year old because you know in moments you are going to be covered in barf. Hope everyone is feeling better at your pad soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 06:12:00 PM  

  • Good thing I live in Illinois, where sex toys are politically correct!

    Not that I am one to follow the laws anyway, but, er.... you know what I mean.

    I guess they figure that people with Guns AND sex toys are a bad combo, so we should stop those sex toys right away.... maybe those politicians' wives are having a little too much fun while Congress is in Session?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/16/2006 06:55:00 PM  

  • Not having to take kids to school... ahhhh, this is something I fantasize about. I live for "there's no school on Monday!"

    Hope everyone gets over the bug soon!

    By Blogger Amy, at 3/16/2006 08:23:00 PM  

  • Oooo I was a vomit and not tell kid!! I am so getting that back at me!!

    I am in awe that consenting adults can not have toys!!!! Only in America!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 09:17:00 PM  

  • Oh yes, I totally get the not having to make lunch thing. My boys are on spring break right now, so my last 4 days have been bliss. Now I'm just waiting for spring break at work - no really, I get one the week before Easter. I can't freakin' wait!

    By Blogger noncommon, at 3/16/2006 11:56:00 PM  

  • Sorry about the sick kids. "Multiple children being sick simultaneously" is one of my great fears about the future.

    By Blogger Arabella, at 3/17/2006 09:35:00 AM  

  • Sorry to hear about your family's health. Hope they get better soon. No passion parties in Mississippi!!!!! Well maybe they will stop procreating and the state will dry up with people.

    I got off of blogger after a month because of all the problems. On workpress now and love the ability to have more control of my site. I would suggest getting away fast.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/17/2006 11:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home