Thursday, December 22, 2005

I Adore This Child

*An Exchange This Morning*

5 yr old: Mommy, can I have some more milk?

Me: Can you wait a sec? I have to go to the bathroom.

5 yr old: You're going pee again?

Me: No. I'm going poop this time. Is that okay with you?

5 yr old: (ponders about this for at least 10 seconds) Okay. But hurry up.


Some things for my daughter's stocking:

1) A dispenser of Scotch tape; she loves this stuff so much. Only the next item brings more joy to her.

2) A little orange stapler; this is her personal nirvana. Clearly she has inherited my love of new office/school supplies.

3) A knit hat and gloves emblazoned with Barbie's face and logo; it doesn't snow here but she longs for these items nonetheless. Her pure glee will be worth whatever I paid for these seemingly unimpressive items. Actually, I have no idea what I paid for any of these items. Christmas turns me into an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home