Thursday, December 15, 2005

Where for art Thou, Cool Moms?

Where are they all hiding? I'm starting to feel like an endangered species here. Is it so much to ask for a witty comrade with a sense of humor *gasp* or maybe someone a wee bit progressive in their thinking? I know having kids changes people but seriously, you don't have to turn into boring tightasses. What's even worse is when you find someone kind of cool and their husband isn't. That means you can't do family things or couple things because your husband has absolutely nothing in common with Joe Dork or Joe Rabidsportsfan or Joe Unfunny and groans every time you try to set something up. Of course, if your husband's friends would grow up already and take the leap...*sigh*
More later.

Addendum: In regard to one of the comments... Uh no, I'm not the kind of cool mom who sleeps with my son's friends. (pssst...he's a baby) As for hot moms, well, I was kind of lamenting over the shortage of cool moms. But thanks for your comment. I always enjoy company.

4 Comments:

  • Well I hope you're not the kind of cool mom that sleeps with her son's friends! I'm kidding!!! I like moms especially hot ones.

    By Blogger Ddot the King, at 12/15/2005 03:19:00 PM  

  • I am telling you, I am not even a MOM and I feel your pain. Why does having a kid mean you have to be an anal retentive bitch? I already have a hard time finding other couples that get along with my hubbie, or more likely that he gets along with. He always says they are either competing with each other ($$) or they are too whiny.

    Ugh.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12/15/2005 06:04:00 PM  

  • I'll be your friend :) My husband is even pretty cool sometimes. Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2006 07:18:00 PM  

  • As a result of your recycled post today, I wanted to find all your other hidden gems and started reading your back catalogue! It's all brilliant.

    I completely relate to the search for interesting couples with children to hang out with. It's too hard to find the right match. Children should be around the same age. Husbands should get along. It never happens. The mom groups that I have been to all seem so cliquish.

    By Blogger ms blue, at 3/29/2006 06:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home