Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Exhibitionists of the World Unite

Do you think it's pointless to chronicle all the details of your life if you're the only one reading it? That's not rhetorical. I really want to know. I never cared for journaling all that much. I only enjoyed the part in my "Writing as Self-Discovery" class where the teacher read our journals aloud to the class. I am so NOT your classic exhibitionist, as the recent Glamour article onwomen bloggers suggests we all may be but I guess I'm some kind of exhibitionist OR... is it a case of looking for validation, as one featured blogger claimed to find via blogging? Or the search for a sense of community, as was also mentioned? Or is it all of the above?

Personally, I haven't found a whole lot of any of that. Blogs are great for having an audience but not so good for two way communication. The comments section doesn't really provide for that in a practical way.

I think I am going to set up a message board and link it to my blog. Does the prospect of personal exchanges with yours truly make you guys as giddy with excitement as it makes me?

Also, coming soon...the much anticipated "100 Things About Me." No, I will not pinch you. But please try to curb your enthusiasm. You look funny with that drool on your chin ;-p

2 Comments:

  • I definitely don't think it's pointless to write about me when I'm the only one reading it. It's cathartic. But I think I'm deluding myself if I think that's what I'm doing when I'm journaling online. Otherwise I'd be content with a pen and notebook, or Microsoft Word. It's clear to me I'm looking for affirmation, or at least some extra community. But I would never admit that to anyone.

    By Blogger e-Persona, at 1/04/2006 05:13:00 PM  

  • Only $299? What's his number?

    P.S. I'm in it for the community. I'm starved for it. Even though I have friends, I live in a city that is the antithesis of community. Yet another reason to GTFO of here.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 1/07/2006 03:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home