Tuesday, January 03, 2006

You WHAT???

This afternoon I asked my daughter to watch the baby for a minute while I did something on my computer (a mere 10 feet away). She's usually very good about watching him while I run to the bathroom etc.

In her quest to figure out how to turn on Playhouse Disney, she walked away from the him and in that instant he fell off the sofa. Apparently, he was reaching downward to the floor for the remote control (to the dead TV) that happens to be his most treasured "toy". Actually, make that his second most treasured toy. He's a boy. Do I really have to tell you what the first is?

This has all the elements of a "bad mom" gossip session: TV, remote controls, mother-on-computer. This is not good. What is it about the internet that makes us divulge such things?

And I know what you're thinking. I was not blogging. I was checking my bank statement. Really.

So now I know for sure... He has reached that daredevil stage where he will fearlessly launch himsef off anything to get hold of what he wants. It will never happen again. Cross my heart and hope to lose broadband internet.

And by the way, he's fine. Even as he cried he just kept reaching for that remote. He's not even crawling and he's already playing couch commando and hogging the remote. A clear case of nature over nurture...

More later.

2 Comments:

  • now you know to put him on the floor to thwart and further launching episodes. Or just give him the remote. At all times.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/03/2006 03:01:00 PM  

  • I'm one step ahead of you. I gave him the coveted remote but he dropped it and you know the rest. He's such a little prince. He doesn't like the floor unless I'm down there entertaining him the whole time. But he's sealed his fate. It's Floor City from now on.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 1/03/2006 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home