Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Guess What I Got?

I got a job! It's part-time doing web design and updating. The money is great and they gave me an eMac G4 700 mhz to use at home. This is like 600 times better than my own computer (G3 266 mhz). I'm so psyched. For so long I've been trying to find a steady gig working from home that also doesn't happen to suck. Most of the freelance work I get is crappy production work which basically means doing the scut work that someone else is willing to pay for to avoid doing it themselves. An example would be pathing out 200 pictures of watches for a catalog in Photoshop. It's a no-brainer and I can do it practically with my eyes closed but it's dum-dum work and you can't charge that much for it. Yick! This is so much better. I tried to get this job in August of 2005 and someone kind of threw me under the proverbial bus and, for lack of a better word, stole it from me. Well, this individual didn't produce jack the entire time he had the job and so now it's mine, mine, mine!

Mmmmhmmm. That's right. MINE!

3 Comments:

  • YEEEEEE!!!! Congrats! That sounds TOTALLY cool. Someday, I will work from home also. And we will prosper.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/12/2006 02:24:00 PM  

  • lol @ "And we will prosper"

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 1/12/2006 10:16:00 PM  

  • Congrats to you on the new job! Lucky you, to work from home. The only thing I've been able to come up with is babysitting and I can't stand the hours. :)Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/14/2006 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home