Thursday, January 19, 2006

None for me, thanks.

It really, REALLY irritates me when people who don't even have children give you unsolicited parenting advice. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm just really not in the mood for any simplistic, one-size-fits-all-advice-from-someone-without-a-clue-about-children this year.

The best, however, is the way they give you this unsolicited advice. It usually starts with "Well, why don't you just...yada yada yada", spoken in a tone that indicates irritation and exasperation, as if they've given you these pearls of wisdom a dozen times already and stupid you....you haven't followed it.

What is WRONG with you? You didn't do what that smart person with the clean house, shitloads of discretionary income and no children told you to do. Puh! You suck.

I don't know about anyone else but unless I ask, I don't want advice. If I am venting, I STILL don't want advice. I want support or sympathy or something chocolate.

Please, know-it-all advice-givers of the world, I'm sure you have the best intentions and don't mean to insult my intelligence or be condescending but for the love of God, just stop.

DON'T make me have to get all roller derby on your ass ;-)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home