Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Raise you're hand if you're not a writer...

Is EVERYONE in the blogosphere a writer? Or an aspiring writer? It's not a smartass crack. I'm serious. Everywhere I go, someone has written a book, is coming out with a book or is working on a book. I've not come across this many writers since college. To be around people that can write well and know how to spell...it's good. I dig it. I know I've got a book somewhere in me, too, because whenever I strong arm someone into sitting down and listening to my life story, they're always fascinated. I'm kidding. I don't really strong arm anyone...much. But I've been told many times that I should write a book about my life. And someday, when I'm feeling ambitious, maybe I will.

In other news, baby Peebs (The Prince) has another tooth coming in today! This would explain why he was up 236 times last night and having that very special kind of poop that you only see when a tooth is imminent. In case you forgot already, the Hubz is out of town so I'm fielding all childcare issues all by myself. Thanks, hon!

My daughter was up a couple times, too. The first time she got up and was all upset about a bad dream she had in which Binky Barnes was threatening to sit on her American Girl doll and squish it. I was trying so hard not to laugh when she was sobbing into my shoulder and telling me about the dream because I like Binky Barnes*. Do I like the buck-toothed American Girl Doll? Well...let's just say the kid loves her and that's what counts.

*FYI...Binky is a character from the kid's show "Arthur" and American Girl dolls are these ridiculously expensive dolls that are all the rage for girls around 4 to maybe 10 yrs old. If you have a daughter and you don't know about them, I'm guessing you eventually will.

Anyway, this waking-mommy-up crap went on between both of them until 6am and ended with my daughter having a fever. Did I mention I was up doing my taxes until 2am? We're getting a fabulous (BIG!!!!) refund back but who cares? I can't buy sleep with it. Grrrr....

12 Comments:

  • Heh. You are funny. I'm not a writer. Okay, I lied. I have written books, but they are textbooks, so sometimes I don't think that counts. But I guess it does. oh well.

    And, as for sleep, HONEY, I would pay good money for it...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2006 10:30:00 PM  

  • I actually get paid well to write. It is a bizarre feeling after all those years of hiding my talent.

    By Blogger SUEB0B, at 2/09/2006 01:41:00 AM  

  • That's really cool.Why were you hiding your talent? And what do you write?

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/09/2006 01:49:00 AM  

  • How funny. I'm actually an aspiring writer, but it often seems like everyone in the blogsphere is a parent--except me. Someday, but not yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/09/2006 06:19:00 PM  

  • I am not a writer. I can write. But I am not aspiring to write. or publish a book. Unless enough people piss me off and threaten me, and I can publish my blog someday. But who would pay money for a blog in book form when you can read it online for free? Oh yes, all those people without internet access, or the oldies who "just don't understand blogging." I get that all the time. "Why would you want to put all that personal information and all your private most innermost thoughts on the INTERNET dear?" Well, to piss you off, for starters.

    LOL
    :) M

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/09/2006 06:29:00 PM  

  • Guilty as charged. I'm also a DINK (Dual Income, No Kids), which I learned about on your fantabulous blog. Yaaaay, DINKs!

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 2/09/2006 08:26:00 PM  

  • I write about insurance (yawn, pays the bills) and for a newspaper (loads of fun, doesn't pay much).

    But I belong to a group of women writers and among us are people who make a living writing TV comedies, TV reality shows (really!) songs, screenplays...one of the women used to write for "My So-Called Life" - she is my idol because that show was so well-written.

    By Blogger SUEB0B, at 2/09/2006 10:18:00 PM  

  • Hi!

    I'm not a writer. But if you have a book in you I think you should go for it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/09/2006 10:52:00 PM  

  • Anyone who visits my blog will notice very quickly that I am not a writer. :)

    By Blogger Mel, at 2/09/2006 11:29:00 PM  

  • I fly airplanes for a living, I write to stay mentally healthy enough to put up with the crap I encounter at work. Does that make sense. I am a better pilot then writer. I like photography though, nothing published.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2006 02:33:00 PM  

  • What's up with all the writer bashing? When you live in LA and aren't an actress I think you should score major points.

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 2/11/2006 07:58:00 PM  

  • Whose bashing? It's PRO writer :-)

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/11/2006 11:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home