Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hubz is gone...

My husband left tonight to go out of town for work and he's going to squeeze in a recording gig while he's there. He doesn't usually travel except maybe once or twice a year. He'll be back Friday night if all goes as planned but I've never been without him for more than 8-9 hours since the baby was born last summer. Even though I know I can handle it, I'm nervous and if you ever read my "100 Things About Me" you know why. You know that I already have totally irrational fears about him leaving the house. Multiply that by 10 and that's how I'm feeling right now. My brain is working over time thinking of stuff to worry about. Stop it!

This is going to be a lot harder for me than for him. He'll practically be on a paid vacation; no kids, nice dinners out, someone cleaning up after him every day. I'm reallllllly jealous but I think I'm hiding it well. Okay. Maybe not...lol

He was supposed to leave about 3 hours ago, around 7pm EST but he didn't want to leave me with the kids awake, the kitchen a mess and the trash not taken out so he helped me with all that & more before he left, even though it was going to make him get there really late. He's a keeper :-)

Now what? I thought I'd be like "Ahhhhhh...nice quiet house." I'm more like "Shit...it's too quiet in here." Both kids are asleep and I could do any number of things but I'm just sitting around being cold and wondering if I could turn this blah post into something fun and interesting but you know...I'm just not feelin' it.

<-----I have this DVD set that I want to watch. I got it for Christmas and I really love this show but maybe I'll wait until Hubz comes back. The thing about owning a movie or show on DVD is that there is no endpoint. There's no pressure to watch it because it doesn't have to be returned. And for me at least, this means I may never watch it. Not good. This thing was a pain for Hubz to get for me. Wherever he ordered it from screwed up and it arrived like 3 days after Christmas.

I also have this book. Just got it today from the library. I've been waiting forever to read it and yet, I don't feel much like sitting down and reading. Actually, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep and if I do, I won't be able to hear the baby on the other side of the house. Maybe I'll just do our taxes instead :-|

This is a Tuesday and normally I 'd be like "Nip/Tuck night! Yippeeee!!!!" but Nip/Tuck is on hiatus right now and I don't even think they're showing re-runs. So nyahhh...Tuesdays blow until further notice.

I have a question about digital cameras. Mine is hopelessly outdated and I'm in the market for a new one. One that has NO delay and takes fabulous pictures. One where what you see in the viewfinder is indicative of what you will see in your photo. My price range is about $300 unless it does something really spectacular, like change a diaper, in which case, I'd be willing to go much, much higher. Please share any advice you have with me. TIA.

I guess that's all for now. Sorry for the blogging suckage. Feel free to leave happy, peppy comments to cheer me up.

6 Comments:

  • keep us posted as to what you think about Goodnight Nobody. As you might know, I am a JW fan too--met her three times, stalked her when I was living in Philly (not physically stalking her, but...) Once, when she was pregnant with Lucy, she actually even emailed ME for pregnancy advice.

    I was disappointed with Goodnight Nobody though, but I still love her.

    Thanks for stopping over at MM, and I love the nipple story too! My Tukey told a neighbor kid that his nipple hurt, so then I had to make sure I told the mother that Tukey had referred to his nipple as nipple. I didn't want the kid going home asking his mom what a nipple was!

    Hang tight with the hubby gone--do what I do--sleep sideways on the bed!

    By Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™, at 2/07/2006 10:21:00 PM  

  • Hey -- I remember when the huz went away - it was mixed with jealousy and fear... As for the cameras, we have a Canon A80 - I hear the A75 is great for the $$... Rated in the top 15 for "snap and shoot" -- and I love NipTuck - although it's one of those - I don't watch it on Tuesdays, but I catch all the reruns on Sunday....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2006 07:35:00 AM  

  • I have read all of Jennifer Weiner's books. I just finished American Girls About Town and previously read Goodnight Nobody. It was a good book. I enjoyed it. But I was able to "put it down" a little more than her previous books. I don't think that was her fault, perhaps my own for being too exhausted or busy to read. But it was good.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/08/2006 11:49:00 AM  

  • Since I never get any time to read anymore, I'll have to sit out of the book discussion, but....My husband used to travel with work. Blech. I used to stay up waaaaaay late watching crap on TV because I couldn't sleep. Weird because I used to live alone.

    I also envied his staying in a hotel and eating uninterrupted...and sleeping a nice, peaceful, full night sleep.

    Here's hoping the time flies right by for you! I'm sorry I'm not very peppy.

    By Blogger Mel, at 2/08/2006 02:37:00 PM  

  • Oh, I LOVED Freaks and Geeks!!! Now I want to go buy this. Happy watching/reading!

    By Blogger Jess Riley, at 2/08/2006 04:46:00 PM  

  • My husband's out of town too. And the night he went away, Elby got really sick. It was last night. She has a fever of 103 today but does seem to be on the mend. It is not fun to have the husband gone. I had to take a Klonopin to go to sleep last night.

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 2/11/2006 07:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home