Friday, January 27, 2006

Indian food with a Side of Mac Mini and Bad Wife

Today is my husband's birthday. I'm a bad wife. A very bad wife. I have no gift for him (or cake or card) We just had freaking Christmas. I got him all the things I could think of then. I was going to use my first paycheck from my awesome new job (that hardly anyone even gave a crap about when I posted about it) to get him a new Mac Mini for his studio but I don't get paid until Monday. So, per his wishes, we're just having Indian food tonight. You have no idea how much the man loves Indian food. It's a big, major deal. When we were in NYC a couple years ago, we found this street that has nothing but Indian restaurants one after the other. He was in heaven. I, in the interest of being completely predictable and boring, wanted pizza for every meal.

So...later today I will see if I can get a meal delivery service to go downtown and pick up an assload of Indian for us. And then on Monday, we will go to the Apple store and buy a new Mac Mini unless he decides he wants to order from MacMall. I'm pretty sure he will go for the instant gratification over saving a few bucks. Of course he will. Duh!

Have you SEEN the Mac Mini's, BTW? They are so teeny and cute. I should be buying one for myself instead.

3 Comments:

  • I have never had indian food.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/27/2006 12:05:00 PM  

  • My husband and I didn't even exchange presents this holiday season. It's enough that we have to buy shit for everyone else in the family now buying stuff for each other feels like pressure. Now it's like the small things that make your day like how he bought me a new bathrobe way after the holidays were over. Thanks for your comments on my blog. It's nice to see another mom that's not in the cult!

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 1/27/2006 02:46:00 PM  

  • Well, at least he knows you're getting him something.
    As well as an assload of Indian food.
    Me, I like pizza at every meal, too. Such a gourmand I am!

    By Blogger Madame D, at 1/30/2006 01:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home