Saturday, January 28, 2006

Meet Our New Addition


Image hosting by Photobucket

Isn't our new Mac Mini adorable? Okay...it's not really 'ours'. It's my husband's. It's the one I was going to wait until Monday to get him for his birthday. We went and got it today from the Apple Store at the Boob Job Mall (from another post, too lazy to link), which, I might add is a freaking zoo. And very white. Whoever came up with the interior design scheme for the Apple Stores has watched "2001: A Space Odyssey" one time too many. I also got some really cute sandals from the Clark's store. I don't know where I'd find a picture of them unless I snapped one and I'm way too lazy for that, too. Plus...do you really care? 'cause if you do, I WILL find a picture. But if not, then just use your imagination. Like everything in the Clark's store, they are leather. Brown. Lots of straps and woven goodness to the tune of $65. I had an AMEX gift cheque from Christmas so whatever... Then it was off to Starbucks so my husband, who got up waaay early with the Prince, could get a bitter, nasty Starbucks coffee. My daughter got an organic chocolate milk and I got some kind of smoothie thing with all these juices mixed together, providing me with 1350% of my daily recommended allownace of vitamin C. Hooo boy! Do I live on the edge or what?

Anyway, I was thinking today about how lately I don't have much to blog about. Since I analyze every motherfucking detail of my existence to death and beyond, I proceeded as usual and determined that I must be relatively happy at the moment because I always have more to blog about when I'm cranky. These are some of the topics I have bitched blogged about:

- My period returning and people calling it Aunt Flo (it pained me to even type it)
- Stupid guys running in front of my car making me almost kill them and then giving ME attitude about it
- How all the cool moms must be hiding somewhere because I can't find them
- Unreliable people that always fucking flake out and don't even care that they totally suck
- Slutty "My Scene" dolls
- Hurting my neck
- Being up to my belly button in the bodily fluids/expulsions of other living beings
- Not being able to lose my baby weight
- A horrible day before Christmas
- Our TV shitting the bed
- Being the crazy- insane kind of tired ALL the fucking time
- My son (The Prince) teething and not sleeping and being relentlessly fussy
- Going to the circle of hell known as "Babies R Us"
- The quest for the Jumperoo
- People who don't even HAVE children giving parenting advice

Imagine that...I am too "happy" to blog. Fear not, loyal friends and curious strangers. It won't last. By my calculations, I should start PMS-ing in about 7-10 days ;-)

PS: It just occurred to me that some of you might not even know what a Mac Mini is. It's a really ass-kickingly cool, super fast, teeny tiny computer. Just the CPU, of course. It's actual dimensions are approx. 6x6x2. It's smaller than most external hard drives. You can read all about it here, if you are so inclined. We got the $599 one.

5 Comments:

  • You're going to love this - but when I read your Indian dinner post, I totally though Mac Mini was a dish - like macncheese... I'm somewhat privvy to the music recording world - a budding local artist meself as well as music professor etc - so I know all of them use Macs (I turned to the darkside and have a PC)

    And, I love all those topics, blog blog away. It took me 2 hours to get ready last night because EVERYTHING made my ass and midsection look HUGE and then I realized, it is and so everything is going to look that way. I got over it. DAMN.

    And as for cool moms? Shoot. I can't find any anywhere around here... How far are you from Mississippi? LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/29/2006 09:53:00 AM  

  • I find it's a bit harder to blog since the Zoloft really started kicking in but...I find a way. I totally agree with it being easier when you're cranky.

    On a side note: why no email address on your blog? It seems that we need to be friends but in order to get the friendship ball rolling, you'll need to email me or I you.

    By Blogger BabyonBored, at 1/29/2006 01:21:00 PM  

  • Well, uh, I'm a mom...don't know how cool I am, but I refuse to label myself as "cool", because that sounds totally '80s and all self-important.
    Okay, I sincerely want that Mac Mini now. I love all things tiny (okay, ALMOST all things tiny...), and that is just too cute to not squeal over.

    By Blogger Madame D, at 1/30/2006 01:32:00 AM  

  • madame debarge:
    What would be a better term to use than "cool" moms? I wouldn't want to sound all 80's...lol And yes, I'm still coveting and squealing over the Mini. I'd actually like to eat it like a little snack...

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/01/2006 02:42:00 AM  

  • Kristen: I have the same problem. My ass is wider than it used to be and I refuse to accept that it's not bad lighting and mirrors.

    Regarding cool moms or lack thereof...I think we're going to have to have our own version of BlogHer since none of seems to know where the cool moms are in real life.

    By Blogger IzzyMom, at 2/01/2006 02:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home